Social Media For Your Business
Social Media Marketing
With social media marketing, you have the opportunity to reach out to your customers and build them into a community of loyal brand advocates. Over the past few years, social media marketing has moved from the fringes to become a solid strategy for business promotion.
- 97 percent of businesses use social media to market themselves. 86 percent feel social media is an important part of their marketing efforts. Social Media Examiner, Social Media Marketing Industry Report 2013, May 2013
- 62 percent of businesses spend 6 hours or more each week on social media marketing. 17 percent spend more than 20 hours each week! Social Media Examiner, Social Media Marketing Industry Report 2013, May 2013
- Approximately 46 percent of online users count on social media when making a purchase decision. – Nielsen, Global Digital Shopping Report, August 2012
The Benefits of Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is definitely useful for promoting your business, but it brings a wide variety of benefits to the table that go above and beyond the standard marketing goals.
According to a survey of over 3,000 businesses, social media marketing can:
- Increase business/brand exposure
- Increase website traffic
- Provide marketplace insight
- Develop brand-loyal fans
- Generate leads
- Improve search rankings
- Grow business partnerships
- Reduce marketing expenses
- Improve sales
What Makes Social Media Marketing Different?
It’s right there in the name. The emphasis of social media marketing is on the social. It’s definitely useful for increasing sales and capturing leads. However, if that’s all you’re using your using your social media for, then you’re missing out on a great opportunity to connect with customers.
People don’t want to interact with a faceless business. They want to share their experiences, voice their complaints, and offer their insights with other people. Social media marketing lets you put a face on your business and give your customers a more personal experience.
Social media marketing isn’t about pushing products. It’s about pulling in people with your brand’s message or story.